Thursday 31 August 2023

Savouring the flavours of New Delhi with Singapore Airlines In-Flight Manager Mitchelle Chua

 

This article is part of Singapore Airlines’ “Beyond the Cabin” video series, in which cabin crew explore their favourite cities and share how their hobbies enrich their service delivery.

 

There are two types of people in this world: those who eat to live, and those who live to eat. Singapore Airlines In-Flight Manager – and avid foodie – Mitchelle Chua firmly belongs to the latter camp.

For starters, food was a big part of Mitchelle’s childhood. “I’m grateful that when I was growing up, there was always plenty of food on the table. My parents ran a cai fan [economy rice] stall, and some days, when business was slow, we would enjoy the dishes they had cooked to sell,” remembers the skilled cook, who competed in season two of MasterChef Singapore. “On weekends, my dad and I would pick wild betel leaves to make a Peranakan dish called perut ikan, a pickled fish stomach curry. We would also roast and pound peanuts to make achar, or pickled vegetables. These recipes were passed down from my grandma to my mother – two great women who helmed the kitchen during my childhood.”

The post Savouring the flavours of New Delhi with Singapore Airlines In-Flight Manager Mitchelle Chua appeared first on SilverKris.



from SilverKris

No comments:

Post a Comment